Central to the success of Quail Group (being Quail Capital Corp and its related bodies corp globally) is our commitment to our clients. We honor without reservation our obligation to respect and protect the privacy of the personal information of individuals with whom we deal.
The information we collect and hold
Whenever it is reasonable and practical to do so, we collect information about you directly from you. In some cases, we collect personal information from third parties including public sources, our related companies, referrers, brokers, agents, your adviser(s) and our service providers including credit reporting bodies and information service providers.
We collect personal information about you which is reasonably necessary to:
- provide you with quality products or services
- consider applications and approaches you make to us
- maintain your contact details
- fulfil our legal obligations under applicable laws and rules, such as those relating to taxation and Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing.
We generally hold personal information relating to:
- the products and services we provide or have provided to you
- your financial interests and sometimes your financial position, if you are a customer or potential customer of ours
- your name, contact details and identification information (including government-issued tax numbers)
- records of our interactions with you, including by telephone, email and online
- your inquiries or complaints.
We do not generally collect sensitive information about you unless required by applicable laws or rules. Sensitive information includes information relating to:
- political or religious beliefs
- sexual preferences
- criminal convictions
- membership of professional or trade associations or unions
- health information.
We may collect information about your affiliation with certain organizations such as professional associations.
How that information is used
We only use and disclose personal information about you for the purpose for which it was disclosed to us or related purposes which would reasonably be expected without your permission. For example, we may use and disclose personal information to process applications, administer and manage our products and services including monitoring, auditing, and evaluating those products and services, model and test data, communicate with you and deal with any complaints or inquiries. We may also use and disclose your personal information (on a confidential basis) in connection with acquisitions, mergers or changes in control of our business or assets.
We may share personal information inside the Quail Group, and may disclose personal information outside the Quail Group:
- as required by relevant laws or rules, such as those relating to Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing
- to service providers who provide services including archival, auditing, accounting, customer contact, legal, business consulting, banking, payment, delivery, data processing, data analysis, information broking, mailing, marketing, research, investigation, insurance, identity verification, brokerage, maintenance, trustee, securitization, website and technology services
- to your nominated financial adviser with your permission.
In some circumstances the parties with whom we share personal information may operate outside of Australia (this includes locations in the countries listed in the Appendix). Where this occurs, we take steps to protect personal information against misuse or loss.
Keeping information accurate and up to date
We take reasonable steps to ensure that all information we hold is as accurate as is possible. You are able to contact us at any time and ask for its correction if you feel the information we have about you is inaccurate or incomplete.
Keeping information secure
We use security procedures and technology to protect the information we hold. Access to and use of personal information within Quail Group seeks to prevent misuse or unlawful disclosure of the information.
If other organizations provide support services, we require them to appropriately safeguard the privacy of the information provided to them.
Where the personal information we collect is no longer required, we delete the information or permanently de-identify it.
Policy updated 27 July 2014